Scholarship applications are due on November 14, 2022.
We are now offering Elks National Foundation Scholarship Grants in the USA to help young minds pursue their academic dreams in the USA. The application process is open to all interested applicants.
In 2023/24, this scholarship grant will help bright students who wish to study in the USA but lack financial resources to do so.
What it is
It is the mission of the Elks National Foundation to assist students in realizing their academic dreams since 1931. Every year, we award college scholarships to more than 800 outstanding, service-minded high school students.
Any high school senior who is a U.S. citizen is eligible to compete for the Most Valuable Student scholarship. The national competition is open to applicants who have advanced through local, district, and state levels. A selection of 500 prestigious, four-year scholarships will be awarded to the top national finalists during a Leadership Weekend, hosted in Chicago, IL.
Perks of submitting an application
In addition to paying tuition and living expenses, the awards also cover required fees and books for the student. A student’s award depends on the cost of tuition, as well as any other grants or scholarships that may be available.
Scholarships are provided by the Elks National Foundation for the following purposes:
- Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships in 2023 to the top applicants.
- Students pursuing a four-year degree (minimum of 12 semester hours) in a U.S. college or university are eligible to apply for Most Valuable Student scholarships that range from $1,000 to $12,000. Winners of scholarships must enroll full-time in an accredited U.S. college or university to receive a certificate of award.
- In April 2023, the Elks National Foundation will announce 500 national winners. Local Lodges, districts, and state Elks associations award their own scholarships through this program. Please note that these scholarships are not the 500 Elks National Foundation Most Valuable Student Scholarships.
Requirements for entry
- It is open to students in their senior year of high school or equivalent and who are U.S. citizens.
- Applications are open to anyone who is not related to an Elk.
- It is required that applicants have graduated from high school.
- To qualify, applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are submitted; permanent legal residents do not qualify.