Closing date for applications is January 15, 2023
Don’t delay! In order to encourage intelligent and outstanding students to pursue a doctoral degree at a German institution, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management offers a fully-funded PhD study grant as well as a monthly stipend.
In addition to its international reputation for relevant, rigorous research, Frankfurt School of Finance & Management is one of Europe’s leading business schools. The school is committed to attracting the best doctoral students in accounting, finance, and management, and offers a stimulating academic environment.
Study Period: 5 years
The doctoral program equips students with the skills they need to participate in these debates. During the first two years, students focus on developing analytical skills. The foundation of research topics is developed from courses in the students’ areas of academic specialization in Accounting, Finance, or Management.
Among the programs available to students, data sciences, operations research, and economics are emphasized.
Benefits of Studying at Frankfurt School:
Frankfurt School confers a doctorate. A pol. is the equivalent of a Ph.D. in Economics in Germany. Study grants and stipends are fully funded by the School.
In addition to tuition waivers, students receive a living stipend to cover their costs. Each month, EUR 1,750 is paid as a stipend.
Furthermore, Frankfurt School covers research expenses, such as travel to conferences and overseas.
Documents that are required
In order to submit an application, applicants must attach the following documents.
- An overview of your CV and publications (if applicable)
- University Entrance Qualification (Abitur, A-levels, etc.)
- University Degree Certificate or equivalent and academic transcripts
- A copy of your official GMAT or GRE score
- English Proficiency Test Proof (TOEFL IBT minimum of 100/IELTS minimum of 7.0)
- A statement of purpose (up to two pages) should describe your interest in the field you are studying. Are there any potential areas of research you might pursue? Do you have any experience conducting research with faculty? Is there any member of the FS faculty whose research interests you?
- An optional statement can be included in the application if you wish the committee to consider any of the following factors. Diversity in the entering class can be contributed to by background, extracurricular activities, and work experience.
- Two letters of recommendation: To request the letters from your recommenders, you have to register on a separate platform and send your request from there.Please click on this link to access the platform: http://apply.interfolio.com/79802 Create a profile by clicking on the button “Apply now”.If you require assistance, go to the “Home” tab and click the “Dossier Quick Start Guide”.Once you send your request to your potential recommender, they will receive an e-mail together with a link where they can upload their recommendation letter confidentially. Give us a deadline for receiving your recommendation letter. Once the recommender has uploaded the letter, we will be notified and will be able to access it.
Business administration, finance, management, accounting, or related graduates aspiring to launch an academic career.
Academic transcripts from students who are in their last year of study are welcome. The degree must be completed before beginning the PhD. Minimum “B” grade or 75% of achievable credits is required of applicants. Foreign degrees will be evaluated for equivalence.
You must complete the online application form to start the application process. The following documents must be uploaded. For documents not originally in English or German, you must obtain a certified translation.
It will be open until 15 January.