A deadline of March 31, 2023, has been set for applications.
Don’t wait! You can apply for the University of Freiburg International Scholarship Award in Germany 2023 as early as today.
Both local and international students are eligible to apply for the scholarship, which is primarily intended for students interested in studying for their bachelor’s or master’s degree at Freiburg University during the 2023-24 academic year.
A scholarship program offered by the University of Freiburg, the Deutschlandstipendium (a scholarship in Germany), provides 300 euros per month in funding for students who are expected to produce outstanding results in their studies and careers.
What is the application process and what documents are required?
The scholarship application for the year can be found here.
- An undergraduate degree program (Bachelor, Staatsexamen, Magister) requires university entrance qualifications (e.g. Abitur certificate).
- Certificate of the first university degree for students pursuing a Master’s degree. If this is the case, it is not necessary to upload the university entrance qualification (Abiturzeugnis).
- Transcripts of all recent university degrees (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Staatsexamen) for applicants studying for a second degree. There is no need to upload the Abitur certificate for this university entrance qualification.
- The curriculum vitae of all applicants
- For students enrolled in the program, a transcript of records is available.
- For degree programs where an average grade cannot be calculated at any point during the program, evidence of an average grade or final grade from the most recent examination (university entrance qualification, physicum/intermediate examination, or final grade of the most recent degree) is required.
- For applicants to the Faculty of Chemistry and Pharmacy: proof of membership in the top 10% of the class from the Examinations Office for students who are already enrolled.