DAAD Scholarships in Germany 2021 – the good news here is that you have the opportunity to acquire your Masters/PhD degree in Germany. It is a DAAD fully funded postgraduate scholarship and the application for 2021/2022 is ongoing. So you can apply for it now.
In this post I will give a detailed breakdown of the scholarship requirements and eligibility.
DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Postgraduates – Masters & PhD degree
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
SEE ALSO: Apply for National Merit Scholarship in USA
Period: Around August-October 2021 (annual)
Study in: Germany
Next course starts: AY 2022/2023
German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses.
Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience from the following countries: list of eligible countries.
The scholarships include monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates; payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) for Masters and 42 months for PhD.
Eligibility for DAAD Fully Funded Scholarship
- Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and ideally at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor).
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
- For study courses in German (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): Successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement, that needs to be proofed by providing a certificate.
- For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based).
Your application may not be successful if you do not meet the above requirements.
How to Apply DAAD scholarship in Germany 2021 – Instructions
Applications must be made directly to the respective course. Please refer to the respective course websites for the application procedure, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted. Deadline varies depending on the course but falls around August-October 2021.
It is important to read the FAQs and the 2022/2023 brochure and visit the official website to access the application form and for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Please, read the instructions carefully to avoid unnecessary mistakes along the line and ensure all credentials are complete and correct.
Do well to share this post.