FCT Scholarship Board is now accepting application form all students of Abuja indigene for it’s 2020/2021 scholarship award.
READ ALSO: Midwestern Oil and Gas JV Scholarship 2021/2022 for Nigerian Students
NOTE: Submission of application for the FCT Scholarship Board form ends on August 27th 2021.
- Are you an indigene of FCT?
- Do you have the ambition to study in any public educational institution in Nigeria or Overseas?
- Are you an orphan?
- Are you a single parent or parents and you are having difficulties paying school fees?
If your answers to the above questions are yes, this is to notify you that the FCT Scholarship application forms for the 2020/2021 award session are out.
This is to notify all students of FCT origin studying in accredited tertiary institutions in Nigeria and Oversea, pupils and students in primary and secondary schools, DME centres, parents and the general public that Scholarship Application Forms for 2020/2021 Award Session are now available for collection.
READ ALSO: MTN Scholarship Foundation 2021: How to Apply
How to Apply for FCT Scholarship
Interested applicants can obtain the forms at the FCT SCHOLARSHIP BOARD. Government Secondary School, No 6 Abidjan Street, Zone 3, Wuse Abuja.
TIME: 10:00am – 3:00pm daily.
- ABAJI AREA COUNCIL 9- 10 August 2021
- AMAC AREA COUNCIL 11- 12 August 2021
- BWARI AREA COUNCIL 13- 16 August 2021
- KWALI AREA COUNCIL 17-18 August 2021
- KUJE AREA COUNCIL 19-21 August 2021
- G/LADA AREA COUNCIL 23- 24 August 2021
SCREENING OF CANDIDATES WILL TAKE PLACE IN ALL THE SIX (6) AREA COUNCILS ON 6- 10 SEPTEMBER, 2021.
READ ALSO: How to Get International Scholarships and Study Abroad
Date: Saturday 11 September 2021
Time: 10:am prompt.
Venue: At the same venue in the six(6) Area Councils.
NOTE: Requirements needed are:
- Indigene Certificate
- Admission Letter
- School Fees Receipt
- Identification Card/ ID Card.
The FCT Scholarship Scheme has been in existence since 1980s. It has witnessed several transformations from being a Unit under the office of the Head, Department of Education under the office of the Secretary for Education to a Unit known as Education Support Scheme as established in 2006 by the then Minister of FCT, Mallam Nasir Ahmed El-Rufai.
READ ALSO: SEPLAT Scholarship For Undergraduates 2021/2022 is Ongoing | Apply
It was upgraded to the status of a Board through the initiative of the former Secretary for Education, Alhaji Hussaini Halilu Pai by the FCT Executive Council (Exco) on 23rd August, 2010 under the leadership of the former Minister of FCT, Senator Bala Abdulkadir Mohammed (Kauran Bauchi). The Directors/Secretaries of the Board from inception till date are listed below:
- Mr. Danjuma Jimiko Habakkuk (JP) was the pioneer Director/Secretary of the Board from 2010 to 2012.
- Mrs Emcy G. Hamman was the Director/Secretary of the Board from 2012 to 2014.
- Mallam Mohammed Tsoho Maiwada succeeded Mrs Emcy G. Hamman from March, 2014 to December, 2014.
- Mallam Ahmad Isah Rany is the current Acting Director from January, 2015 to date.
An Advisory Committee was constituted before the appointment of substantive Board members in 2012. A Board was constituted by the then Minister of FCT, Senator Bala Abdulkadir Mohammed; and it was inaugurated on the 20th July, 2012. The following were pioneer members of the Board which was dissolved following a Presidential directive in 2015:-
- Hon. Alex Emeziem Chairman
- HRH Alh. Ismaila Mohammed Member
- Hon. Anthonia Okoli Member
- Alh Sidi Abubakar (Narto) Member
- Representative of AISA Member
- Zakari Tukura A. Member
- Naseer D. Abubakar Member
- Engr. Ismaila Amodu Member
- Mrs Emcy G. Hamman Director/Secretary
READ ALSO: Borno State Scholarship Interview & Requirements 2021 Selection
The Board has given education support to 66,740 FCT indigenes/indigent students and pupils in the various categories of Award between 2010 to 2014.