BUK Postgraduate Admission Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
Bayero University Kano (BUK) postgraduate application form for the 2020/2021 academic session is now on sale. Buy form and begin application.
READ ALSO: FCT Scholarship Application Forms for 2020/2021 Award Session
Authorities of the Bayero University, Kano (BUK) invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the university various postgraduate programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Latest Update: This is to inform members of the University community and the general public that the portal for 2020/2021 postgraduate application for admission, which was closed on 28 July 2021 has now been reopened for admission in all programmes.
The reopening and extension of the period is to enable those that are willing to apply to do so in good time before the final closure of the portal.
READ ALSO: Midwestern Oil and Gas JV Scholarship 2021/2022 for Nigerian Students
BUK Postgraduate Admission Requirements
NOTE: All candidates for admission into Ph.D, M.Phil, M.A, M.Ed, M.Sc, M.Eng and LLM Programmes must provide records of their Academic Transcripts
- Candidates for admission into Ph.D/M.Phil programmes shall have M.A, M.Ed., M.Sc, M.Eng. or LLM Degrees in the relevant areas with CGPA of at least 3.50 on a scale of 0.00 to 5.00 from Bayero University, Kano or any other recognised University.
- Candidates for admission into M.A, M.Ed, M.Sc (Ed), MLS, M.Sc., M.Eng. and LLM programmes shall have:
- A minimum of a Good Second Class Lower Degree in the relevant areas from Bayero University, Kano or any other recognised University.
- A Degree plus University Postgraduate Diploma at Credit level in the relevant areas from Bayero University, Kano or any other recognised University.
- For all Engineering programmes, candidates must have Credit in English, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- Candidates for admission into MBCL shall possess:
- A minimum of a Good Second Class Degree in Law or the Social Sciences from Bayero University, Kano or any other recognized University
- A Degree in Law or the Social Sciences plus University Postgraduate Diploma with minimum classification of Merit from Bayero University, Kano or any other recognized University.
- Candidates for admission into PGDBF, PGDHE, PGDPPA, PGDSPA, PGDCMPC, PGDMC, PGDDS, PGDE, PGDGC, PGDRTM, PGDHE, PGDDA and PGDIM shall possess a Degree in any discipline from BUK or any other recognized University or HND with a minimum classification of Lower Credit obtained from recognized Institutions.
- Candidates for admission into PGDEM, PGDLA and PGDSE, shall possess a Degree in Geography, Environmental Sciences, Agriculture and related disciplines or HND with a minimum of Lower Credit in the related disciplines.
- Candidates for admission into PGDAF shall hold a Degree in Accounting or related disciplines obtained from a recognized University or HND with a minimum classification of Lower Credit in Accounting or related disciplines obtained from recognized Institutions.
- Candidates for admission into PGDTESL must have at least a 3rd class Degree in English or combined honours.
- Candidates for admission into PGDHS should have at least a 3rd class Degree in Hausa or combined honours or HND with a minimum of Lower Credit in the relevant areas obtained from recognized Institutions.
- Candidates for admission into PGDBS, PGDC and PGDIP shall have a Degree in the relevant Science subjects or HND with a minimum of Lower Credit in the relevant areas obtained from recognized Institutions.
- Candidates for admission into PGDEE, PGDCE and PGDME shall have a Degree in the relevant Engineering areas or HND with a minimum of Lower Credit in the relevant engineering areas obtained from recognized Institutions.
- Candidates for admission into Masters in Public Health must:
- Have MBBS or BDS degree of Bayero University, Kano or an equivalent Medical Degree from a recognised University.
- Be registered with the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council and posses a current practising license.
- Have at least three years post qualification cognate experience in Medicine or health-related area at Federal, State or Local Government Area levels. Those employed in non-governmental organisations, engaged in occupational health services, as well as those in the private sector, are also eligible.
- There shall be an entry written examination, shortlisted candidates will then be interviewed to determine the eligibility of the candidates.
READ ALSO: MTN Scholarship Foundation 2021: How to Apply
How to Apply for BUK Postgraduate Admission Form
- The cost of each application form is Twelve Thousand Naira (N12,000) only, including administrative charges.
- The duration of the sale and submission of Application Forms is from Monday 22nd March to Friday 2nd July 2021.
- An Applicant should ensure that he/she has the entry requirements for the programme applied for, plus five O Level Credits including English Language and Mathematics as appropriate.
- Applicants for Ph.D/M.Phil and Academic Masters’ programmes should ensure that transcripts of their academic records are sent to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Bayero University, Kano. Note that Applicants for PhD programmes are to provide a short research proposal of not more than 350 words in the space provided on the online application form. The proposal should include the title, statement of the problem and objectives.
Follow the steps outlined below to apply for BUK postgraduate form:
STEP 1: Visit www.buk.edu.ng and under the PROSPECTIVE STUDENT TAB click Applications at the home page. Login using FULL NAME OF THE APPLICANT and select “Applying for a Postgraduate Programme”. A username and password will be generated for you. Please take careful note of them, as you need them for subsequent steps of the application process.
STEP 2: Login to your account and generate/print your BUK Personalised Payment Form (BUKPPF). A non-refundable application fee of N12,000 (Twelve Thousand Naira Only) is reflected on applicant’s BUKPPF, to be paid using Remita e-Payments and eCollection platform (www.remita.net). Applicants must make sure that they entered ALL the information of the BUKPPF EXACTLY. Applicants must also ensure that all of the following are captured exactly as they are written on the BUKPPF:
- Name of MDA
- Name of Service/Purpose
- Description Amount to Pay (₦)
- Registration No.
- BUKPPF ID P
- Payer’s Full Name
- Payer’s Email
- Payer’s Phone
READ ALSO: How to Get International Scholarships and Study Abroad
STEP 3: Return to buk.edu.ng and login with your username and password to fill in the
- Application Form
- Programme Selection Form
- Personal Data Form
- Application Form
STEP 4: Transcript request form shall also be filled by candidates for PhD, H.Phil and Academic Master’s Programme in addition to the form listed in step 3 above. The applicant prints and processes this at the relevant institution
STEP 5: Further your forms to ensure accuracy of all information provided. Click ‘SUBMIT’ to complete the application process
READ ALSO: SEPLAT Scholarship For Undergraduates 2021/2022 is Ongoing | Apply
STEP 6: An acknowledgement slip will be generated for you immediately, print the slip and keep it safe. The slip will be needed during the collection of admission letter, screening and registration
If you have any enquiry or are encountering any difficulty, write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the difficulties or enquires
Payment at the bank opens on Monday 22nd March 2021.
READ ALSO: List of Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students