Room and Board Scholarships 2021 at University of California, USA

University of California scholarships. The Room and Board Scholarship is currently open for application. The purpose of this Scholarship program is to offer UC Berkeley students who demonstrate financial need an opportunity to experience, firsthand, cultures from all over the world while enabling international students to learn about the ethnic and economic diversity in the United States as I-House residents.

University of California scholarship Application – Full Details

Application Deadline: The application will be open from October 15th- November 15th, 2021.

Room and Board Scholarships 2021 at University of California, USA

Eligible Countries: International

SEE ALSO: Dalhousie University, Scholarships 2021

Type: Undergraduate

Value of Award: Room and board

Number of Awards: Not Known

Eligibility for University of California scholarships

• Full-time, upper-division (undergraduate junior or senior), or graduate students who are accepted and registered into a degree-seeking program at UC Berkeley. (Exchange students, extension students, summer resident-students, and visiting scholars are not eligible.)

• Demonstrated financial need 

• GPA of 3.0 or higher

• A confirmed room reservation for the semester/academic year for which you are applying. (Double-Occupancy room for undergraduates, or Low-Price Single or Regular Single for graduate students).  Large or Premium Room contracts are NOT eligible for IH Financial Aid awardees.  UC Berkeley students with enough units to qualify as Sophomore level, are welcome to apply for housing and financial aid.

• Completion and submission of all steps of the application, including supporting documents, are required.

Application Process

Applicants are advised to take admission in the undergraduate degree programme via the student application portal MAP @Berkeley.

  • First, you need to create an account
  • Login to your account using your valid email address and password
  • Start your application.

Application Instructions

The I-House Financial Aid application is composed of two forms plus documents to email:

  • Step Three: Send all of the following documents via one email to the scholarship team at

    • The completed budget form from Step Two;

    • Personal Statement of 500 words or less, along with a 150-word summary of key points for the committee in text or Word, saved by your last, first name;

    • Your unofficial transcript showing your GPA;

    • For U.S. or Permanent Residents, include your FAFSA form (allow three days to receive it).

Tax Number Requirement

If you get an award, you must provide International House with your Social Security number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). If you do not have any of these numbers, you must apply as soon as you arrive in the United States. (For international students, go to the IRS website and download the W-7 ITIN application.) You may submit your ITIN application through the Berkeley International Office(link is external), along with other documents that they require.  If you don’t yet have a tax number, you are still welcome to apply for financial aid.

Taxes may need to be withheld from your reward depending on your passport country’s tax treaty for room and board scholarships (30 percent without an ITIN or Social Security number; 14 percent after your number is given to I-House). As soon as your tax number arrives in the mail, you must submit it to the I-House Cashier. The I-House Scholarship Recipient Data Form, as well as a copy of the country’s passport, must be submitted by awardees.

Only if you have a documented job offer will you be provided your Social Security number.

Other awardees should apply for an ITIN as well.

For specific questions about housing, email

For all Scholarship related questions, email sends e-mail)

Visit The Official Website For More Information

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *