Finlandia University Scholarships. Application for the 2021 Academic Scholarships is invited from individuals who are looking at studying a degree program at Finlandia University. This is a partial or full tuition fees scholarship that will be awarded to selected students.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2021
Eligible Countries: Undergraduate
Out-Of-State Freshmen Scholarships at East Tennessee State University, USA – 2022
Christian Studies Double Major Scholarships at California Baptist University – USA, 2021
Value of Award:
Number of Awards:
Eligibility For Finlandia University Scholarships:
- You must be enrolled in any undergraduate programme in Finlandia.
- You are required to have a standardized test score of a minimum of 880 SAT or 16 ACT and at least a 2.50 cumulative grade point average.
- You must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- Duolingo – 58
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- TOEFL CBT – 213
- PTE – 53
Step By Step Instructions
STEP 1: APPLY
The first step is to apply for admission. Applying for admission at Finlandia University is free. For issuance of a SEVIS I-20, international students cannot choose “undeclared” as their major. You must select a major from the choices given in order to be issued an I-20. Additionally, international students must provide a physical home address (not a PO box).
ONLINE INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION
To be considered for fall (August) semester enrollment, all required application materials must be received by Finlandia University Admissions by June 15. Students should plan to arrive on campus the third week of August. To be considered for spring (January) semester enrollment, all required application materials must be received by Finlandia University Admissions by October 15. Students should plan to arrive on campus in early January.
STEP 2: SUBMIT ALL INFORMATION
- AFFIDAVIT OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT (PDF) Canadian students use this form: Print this form, fill in all information, affix signatures of applicant AND sponsor, then scan and email the completed form to your Enrollment Counselor.
- FINANCIAL STATEMENTS: You must provide official bank statements that show total available funds equal to or greater than the amount shown in the top section of the Affidavit of Financial Support. Acceptable accounts include liquid deposit accounts (checking, savings, and certain certificates of deposit), college savings plans, and student loan approval or pre-approval letters. Retirement accounts, investment accounts, and available credit lines are not acceptable for this purpose. Please email copies of these financial statements to your Enrollment Counselor.
- PASSPORT: Copy or scan the picture page of your passport and email it to your Enrollment Counselor.
- TRANSCRIPTS: Official secondary school (high school) transcripts (grade report) and certification of secondary school completion (diploma or final state exam scores) with English translation are required for admission. Please email official transcripts to your Enrollment Counselor. Grade point average and eligibility for academic scholarships will be calculated by admissions staff at Finlandia University.
- TRANSFER STUDENTS: All official post-secondary (university, college, tertiary, institute, certificate school, etc.) transcripts must be signed by the school official and sent by the school directly to Finlandia University electronically or in a sealed envelope. (See address below.) A grade key should be printed on the transcript. Official (English) translation should be certified and included, if necessary. Grade point average and eligibility for academic scholarships will be calculated by admissions staff at Finlandia University.
- PERSONAL STATEMENT: Explain your career goals and your reasons for choosing Finlandia University. Discuss your work, volunteer experience, sport(s), theater, music, art, or hobby interests (1 typed page maximum). If you have been out of school for more than 10 months, please include reference letters from employers, volunteer supervisors, former instructors, coaches, and/or advisors. Please write your full name and date on the statement and email it to your Enrollment Counselor.
- ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TEST SCORE: Finlandia requires international applicants to send ONE of the following official scores for admission to degree programs: DUO LINGO, TOEFL, SAT 1, IELTS, PTE, or STEP (Japan only). Scores must be fewer than two (2) years old. (Exceptions may be made for students attending schools in Canada, The Bahamas, Barbados, The U.K., the U.S, or other English speaking countries.).
STEP 3: AFTER YOU’RE ACCEPTED
- Work with your Enrollment Counselor to receive your Financial Aid Estimate
- Pay your $200 (USD) deposit
- Receive your acceptance letter and SEVIS I-20
- Pay the fee for the SEVIS I-901
- Complete your F-1 Student Visa Application (this is not required for Canadians)
- To cross the border, Canadian citizens will typically need:
- SEVIS I-901 fee receipt
- Signed SEVIS I-20 document
- Finlandia University Acceptance Letter
- Copies of your financial documentation (affidavit, bank statements, financial aid estimate)
- Book your flight or plan your drive and contact your Enrollment Counselor about arrival plans (date, time, flight number, etc.)
INTERNATIONAL CREDIT EVALUATION
Finlandia University requires that transcripts from international institutions be evaluated (and, if necessary, translated to English) by an academic credential evaluation service before transfer credit is evaluated and posted. If you would like to know what courses will transfer before attending Finlandia, you can request an evaluation prior to enrolling. This option will make registration easier and faster. We recommend you use World Education Service (WES) for this evaluation.
You are responsible for supplying the correct academic records and paying for the evaluation. Please note that credential evaluations can be used for transfer credit purposes only.
STEP 4: UPON ARRIVAL
- Student Health Form is required for student-athletes, but it is optional for non-athletes. If you are considering playing any sports or joining a team, please complete this form upon (or before) arrival.
- Check in with the admissions department when you arrive. This is required for all international students.
- Contact the Dean of Students in order to schedule your SEVIS I-20 check-in meeting. This is required for all international students.
Visit The Official Website For More Information