If not on schoolisle, where else can you acquire free JAMB 2022 syllabus for all subjects including chemistry? The free 2022 JAMB Chemistry syllabus is now available in PDF format. Scroll down to download.
In order to assist 2022 JAMB candidates in performing better in chemistry, we have provided the JAMB chemistry curriculum for 2022 free to download in PDF format.
This JAMB chemistry curriculum for 2022 is taken from the JAMB booklet and includes the topics on which JAMB will base chemistry questions.
So, if you’ve ever wanted to know what the 2022 JAMB chemistry area of concentration is or what topics you should study for the JAMB chemistry exam, we’ve got you covered.
2022 JAMB Chemistry Concentration Area
Chemistry is one of those science courses that appears simple when studied but is difficult to master in the exam hall.
So you’ll need to study hard for your JAMB chemistry exam if you want to do well on it.
When done with the right ingredients, this preparation will be effective, simple, and beneficial.
The JAMB chemistry curriculum for 2022, the suggested JAMB chemistry textbooks, past questions, and the JAMB CBT practice app are the necessary materials that you will need to study and prepare for this JAMB chemistry test, and you will see links to download them for free as you read below.
JAMB Chemistry Syllabus 2022/2023 Topics
Topics that JAMB will be set 2022 Chemistry Questions From: The topics that JAMB will be set the 2021 Chemistry Questions as gotten from the 2022 JAMB Chemistry syllabus, are as follows:
- Introduction to Chemistry (including, definition and Matter)
- Separation Techniques and process
- Purification of chemical substances.
- Types of Changes in chemistry
- Melting, Boiling, vaporization, freezing, and condensation.
- Chemical combination
- Gas Laws
- Chemical formulas, symbols, and equations
- Kinetic theory of matter.
- Atomic structure and chemical bonding
- Ions (Protons, Electrons, and Neutron)
- electron configuration
- oxidation states
- complexion formation
- formation of colored ions
- Nuclear Chemistry (Read and understand the properties of Radioactivity and Nuclear reactions)
- Air: Read everything about natural gases like oxygen, nitrogen, carbon (IV) oxide, and other noble gases.
- Supersaturated solutions.
- Fats and oil, and paints
- False solution (colloids and Suspensions)
- Pollution (Sources, Causes, effects, types and controlling methods of Environmental, Air, Water, and Soil pollution) Controlling methods for Biodegradable, Oil spillage, and non-biodegradable pollutants.
- Acids, bases, and salts:
- The pH of solution and pH scale
- Reduction and Oxidation (oxidizing and reducing agents and reactions) and IUPAC nomenclature.
- Electrolysis (Electrolytes and non-electrolytes) Faraday’s laws of electrolysis, Electrochemical cells, and Corrosion of metals.
- Energy changes ∆H (Entropy and Enthalpy) Spontaneity of reactions: ∆G.
- Rates of Chemical Reaction (Temperature, Concentration, Surface Area and Catalyst)
- Chemical equilibrium
- Periodic Table
- Non-metals: Study the properties of laboratory preparation of the following Non-metals and compounds.
- liquid air
- Trioxonitrate (V) acid:
- Oxides of nitrogen
- Carbon(IV) oxide
- Carbon(II) oxide
- Metals: Study the properties and laboratory preparation of the following metals and compounds.
- Properties of metals
- Alkali metals
- Sodium hydroxide
- Metallic hydroxides.
- Sodium trioxocarbonate (IV)
- Sodium chloride:
- Alkaline-earth metals.
- Extraction of Tin
- First series of transition Metals.
- Transition Metals
- Alloy Steel,
- stainless steel,
- soft solder,
- alnico and permalloy
- Organic Compounds
- Allotropes of Carbon
- Tetravalency of carbon
- IUPAC nomenclature
- The empirical formula of organic compounds
- Aliphatic hydrocarbons.
- Physical & chemical properties, reactions, and structure of Alkanes, Alkenes, Alkynes, Alkanols, Alkanals, alkenones, Amines (Alkanamines), Alkanoic acids, Alkanoates, etc.)
- Homologous series.
- Aromatic hydrocarbons (e.g benzene)
- Petroleum and Petrochemicals
- Carbohydrates: mono-, di- and polysaccharides.
- Proteins: structures, tests, and hydrolysis
- Industrial Chemistry: Chemical industries, raw materials, Biotechnology, heavy chemicals.
Also read everything about Analytic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry Environmental Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, and Physical Chemistry.
Download the UTME/DE Chemistry Syllabus
Tap on the link below to download the chemistry approved topics for JAMB., It is free.
Download JAMB Chemistry Syllabus 2022
JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Chemistry 2022
The following is the list of recommended Chemistry Textbooks approved by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) for the 2022/2023 JAMB CBT Test.
- New School Chemistry by Ababio
- Senior Secondary Chemistry, Books 2 & 3 by Bajah, Teibo, and Co.
- Understanding Chemistry by Ojokuku (for Schools and Colleges)
- 2nd Edition: Chemistry for Senior Secondary Schools by Odesina
- Countdown to WASSCE/SSCE, NECO, JME Chemistry by Uche, Iwuagwu, and Adenuga.