Do want to change your course or your institution and choose another one? This post is designed for you. It will show you how to change your course and institution on JAMB Portal. You can make the changes yourself.
The JAMB change of course/institution allows candidates to apply for a change of course or Institution immediately after the release of results. This service has a time lapse.
Before we proceed, it is important to note that you can choose to do the change of course separately, change of Institution separately or you can change both together.
If you are still wondering what the price of each would be, I will tell you as we continue in this post. Keep reading!
How much does it cost to do change of Course/Institution?
The JAMB officially approved price for change of course and institution is 2,500 Naira. The Cyber cafe worker can collect, at most, 700 naira as his service charge. Any one who demands more than that should be reported.
It costs 2,500 Naira to change your course alone. It also costs 2,500 Naira to change your Institution alone and it also costs 2,500 Naira to do both change of course and institution. So anything you want to do under this section is 2,500 Naira.
Step By Step Guide: Change of Course/Institution
- You shall be required to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, simply type in your login details. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and password, then click on the Sign Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile. Ensure your details are correct as JAMB shall work strictly with those information.
- Subsequently, you shall use your email address and password to sign in. If you cannot remember your email address or password, click here to recover it. If you cannot recover it, contact me by tapping on the WhatsApp link on your screen. I can help you recover it. Important: Don’t share your login details with anyone except the computer operator (if you are doing it in a cyber cafe). Even at that, I recommend you change your password once he is done.
- Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
- Select“Correction of Data”. This is available on the side bar or on the Home page.
- Once selected, the menu item “Course/Institution” will be revealed. Click this.
- Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
- Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
- Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
- On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
- The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
- Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Year of Exam and
- JAMB Registration Number
- After entering the information correctly, new options for Preferred course/Institution and second choices will appear. Options available will be based on availability.
- Click Submit to complete your application.
- JAMB will now process your application for approval. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
Ensure you keep all your details, including the print out (if any), intact.
Also check out the cost of changing other data.
How to Write JAMB Once and score above 300
Secrets of Passing Your WAEC | Clear All Your Papers at Once
JAMB Syllabus for English Language: Download PDF
Where do I correct errors in my data?
You can correct your JAMB data in any cyber cafe. You can also do it yourself but I recommend you visit the JAMB office branch in your state or you visit any of the JAMB registration accredited centers.
When will the correction of data start?
JAMB portal is now open for students to make changes in their choice of course and institutions. All interested candidates are encouraged to proceed to any office close to them JAMB office or any accredited center for their change of courses and institutions.
When should I change my course or institution?
There are many reasons you need to change your course or institution and choose another. However, I will just give you the easily obtainable ones.
How many times can I do jamb correction of data?
The Joint Admission and matriculation board, JAMB has warned candidates who wish to effect changes on either their course and institution or make corrections on any of their data that it the process can only be done twice.
Why you should change your course
1. When you do not like the course
sometimes, parents or guardians or friends influence you to go for a particular course while within yourself you are sure you don’t want the course. It is advisable you change it to your dream course.
2. When your UTME score is low.
If you are sure that your score in UTME cannot fetch you your dream course I recommend you change the course to another one. If you really want your dream course, then you have to wait for next JAMB session.
3. Sometimes, funds could make one to go for a lower course.
To avoid dropping out of school on the way, it is better you go for lower courses. Anyway, no course is inferior to the other but some are costlier than others. So, go for the relatively cheap courses.
Why you should change your Institution
The cost of institutions defer from one institution to another. If you feel the cost is too high for you to keep up with then it is important you change your Institution.
Most times, Federal Universities are cheaper than State Universities.
2. Fear of not gaining admission
When you begin to nurse the fear that a particular Institution will not offer you your dream course due to your low JAMB score, do well to change it to an institution where you will be sure.
Most times, you have better chances of gaining admission in your State’s University.
The change of course and institution can be done together. You can also change it again after your first correction but get ready to pay again.
If actually you want to make these changes, do it immediately after the release of JAMB results because if you don’t do it on time you may not have the opportunity to do so again.
Hope you like this post. Drop your comment below let’s know what you have to say about it.