If you have been looking for Allan Gray Orbis Fellowship Bursary South Africa 2022/2023, Allan Gray Orbis Foundation scholarship, Allan Gray scholarship 2022, Allan Gray scholarship application forms 2022, Allan Gray bursaries for university 2022, Allan Grey scholarship application forms 2022, Allan Grey bursary login, Allan Gray bursary application form 2022, Allan Gray Orbis foundation login, then you have come to the right place. If you have been searching for Allan Gray Orbis
Related: SANRAL High School Scholarships for South Africa
What Field of Study does Allan Grey Orbis Fellowship Bursary cover?
The Allan Gray Orbis Foundation awards up to 100 Fellowships to deserving students each year, within the following fields:
- Health Science (excluding Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science)
Scholarship Coverage Value
The following study-related expenses are covered by the fellowship award:
- Tuition and boarding
- Stationery and textbooks
- A monthly allowance
- Toiletries, uniforms and casual clothing
- Support for extra murals
Students also have access to:
- Speakers and seminars
- Annual entrepreneurial conference
- Online Learning Campus
- Programme Officer (mentorship)
- Like-minded community
- Gain confidence
- Develop entrepreneurial mindset
- Growth mindset
- Unlock positivity for the future
- Develop leadership qualities
- Access to interactive online learning
- Access to speakers and seminars
- Entrepreneurial mindset development through collaboration and a community of likeminded individuals
Requirements for Allan Gray Scholarship
- Applicant must be a current grade 6 learner in year of application
- Applicant must be a South African citizen
- Candidates must not be older than 12 years of age and not younger than 11 years of age in grade 6
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need
- Applicant must obtain a minimum of 70% for English and Mathematics
- Application must obtain a Minimum overall average of 70%
- The applicant must demonstrate the following entrepreneurial characteristics:
- Growth Mindset – the belief that one’s intelligence can be developed
- Self-Efficacy – self-belief to achieve goals
- Leadership – to positively lead and influence others
- Opportunity Identification – ability to identify opportunities of value
- Curiosity – ability to explore and discover new information
- Problem Solving – the ability to creatively solve problems
Recommended: Moshal Scholarships Application in South Africa
- You can submit a printed copy of your application form and supporting documentation, or you can submit an online application.
- The successful applicant will be required to sit for the Foundation Exam in Mathematics and English for Grade 6 before being considered for admission.
- Following the completion of the Foundation exam, successful candidates will be invited to participate in interviews.
- Candidates who have been recommended will be invited to interviews at the placement schools.
- The Scholarship will be offered to candidates whose recommendations have been approved by the placement schools in question.
- A Memorandum of Agreement between the Foundation, the Scholar’s placement school, and the Scholar’s caretaker is signed once the Scholarship is awarded.
Allan Gray Scholarship Closing Date 2022
All applications close in mid-September annually.
Allan Gray Scholarships Opening Date 2022
All applications begins in June annually.
Recommended: Leiden University Mandela Scholarships for South Africa
Allan Gray Scholarship Contact Info
These are the things to keep in mind when applying for Bursary
When it comes to applying for scholarships or bursaries, a large number of students are frequently perplexed. Having answered the most difficult question of where to begin, the subsequent processes become smooth and easy for them to complete.
For the most part, this is why we chose to include this post to help you successfully apply for bursaries, particularly for this year, to help you succeed in your academic endeavors.
The following are the most crucial considerations to keep in mind when applying for a bursary.
1. Most bursaries will require your most recent academic record, officially signed by your school, your ID document, proof of your tertiary application, and, most crucially, a verification that you were accepted to your chosen institution to be considered.
The same is true for some bursaries, which may need you to present additional documentation proving your Guardians’ or parents’ source of income and place of residence.
After you have successfully sorted through these documents, the next step is to ensure that all of your documents have been verified. It’s simple to get started: just go to any commissioner of oath in any post office, bank, or police station and ask for help.
2. Integrity, according to some, is telling the truth to oneself, whereas honesty is telling the truth to other people. Being honest entails more than just avoiding lying.
It is the telling of the truth, the speaking of the truth, the living of the truth, and the loving of the truth. As a result, you must make certain that any information you provide is true and nothing but the truth before sharing it.
Fill in all of the blanks with accurate information. There is no legacy as rich as that of honesty.
3. A large number of students apply for bursaries without providing any references at all, or with references who are unable to be reached for various reasons.
Most of the time, this is the first step toward not receiving the bursary for which you applied. If you require the bursary for which you are seeking and you desire it, then go ahead and locate references that can provide you with suitable contact information.
4. A large number of students also lack the necessary writing abilities to be awarded their desired bursary, which can prove to be a significant hindrance in the long term.
As a result, it is strongly recommended that you produce a highly compelling and motivational cover letter that will persuade anyone who reads it to believe in you before he even begins to read the rest of the document.
You should include things like your reasons for believing you should be awarded the bursary, particularly in comparison to the other several thousand applicants, how you plan to contribute to society after you have completed your program in school, and most importantly, how receiving the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your goals and changing your future for the better.
5. A large number of students apply for bursaries and then go to sleep, which is really detrimental. In the event that you are applying for a bursary, make sure to check your emails and phone text messages on a regular and consistent basis to confirm that you have not received or have not received any messages from those evaluating your application.
6. Finally, make sure you are always aware of bursary deadlines or closing dates so that you can know when to submit your application.
A dream of Allan Gray’s was realized in 2005 when he established the Allan Gray Orbis Foundation with the goal of making a long-term contribution to the country by assisting students who will become the future entrepreneurs of Southern Africa.
The Foundation is supported by a donation of Allan Gray Limited’s taxed profits, which are made to the Foundation. The Foundation is currently active in four African countries: South Africa, Namibia, Swaziland, and Botswana, to name a few.
With the Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Fellowship program, students can receive financial assistance to pursue higher education while also receiving support and development opportunities. Students that display an entrepreneurial attitude will be given priority consideration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
The following Questions and answers will help you get clearer information concerning the allan grey scholarships:
When do applications come to an end?
Annually, applications must be submitted by the middle of September.
When will I be able to submit my application for the Scholarship opportunity?
For South African citizens, the application period begins when they are in the sixth grade. If you apply while in the fifth or seventh grade, your application will not be accepted.
During my high school career, may I apply to be an Allan Gray Scholar at any point during the year?
No. To be considered for the Scholarship program, you must apply while in Grade 6 in South Africa. There is only one opportunity to be considered for the program. We carefully select and mentor students throughout their entire program.
Is it possible for me to choose the school I want to attend?
We work with a small number of partner schools and will only grant assistance to students who choose to attend one of these institutions. The Foundation will communicate with all of the candidates in the manner that is necessary.
The Scholars are placed by the Foundation, and they are not required to find a school or make contact with the school until the Foundation instructs them to do so.
Is it mandatory for me to stay in a boarding house?
Not necessary, however there is a high chance of boarding as well as a variety of day schools with which we have a cooperation. Each Scholar’s individual circumstances are considered, however, before any recommendations are given regarding their future studies.
What happens if I am selected as an Allan Gray Orbis Scholar? Does this mean that I will automatically receive university money after I graduate from high school?
No. After graduating with honors from the Allan Gray Orbis Scholarship, you will be required to complete the usual application process to become an Allan Gray Orbis Candidate Fellow and a Fellow in the Association Program of the Foundation, both of which will take place in the following year.
Is it possible for me to lose my Scholarship once I have received it?
Yes. Failure to maintain the required academic standards and to adhere to the terms and conditions set forth in the Memorandum of Agreement that controls the Scholarship Award may result in the loss of your Scholarship award. Our attention is focused on all of our Scholars, and we will do everything in our power to ensure that you maintain and excel in your academic pursuits throughout your time with us.
Is it possible to switch placement schools once I have been accepted as a Scholar?
No. Following the acceptance of your scholarship offer, you will not be allowed to transfer to another institution.
What is the reason for the Foundation’s absence from other African countries?
Allan Gray Foundation operates in countries where Allan Gray Limited has a presence and so provides possibilities to people of South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Swaziland who live in these countries.