You are invited to look at the JAMB mathematics questions and answers for 2022/2023. Before we start, let’s get acquainted with the information you’ll need to know in order to do well in the JAMB Mathematics examination.
As a result of my own personal experience, I can assure you that JAMB Mathematics is not tough.
You simply need to read the JAMB Mathematics curriculum as a reference to ensure that you are familiar with the areas that JAMB expects you to know.
You can get helpful hints for passing the JAMB Mathematics question at the bottom of this page..
Let’s move on to the Jamb Mathematics questions and answers section swiftly now, shall we?
SEE ALSO: [Updated] JAMB Syllabus For Maths: Download PDF
2022 JAMB Mathematics Sample Questions and Answers to CBT exams (Expo)
JAMB Mathematics answers 2022 Loading…
Note: The questions below are strictly for practice.
1. The expression ax^2 + bx takes the value 6 when x = 1 and 10 when x = 2. Find its values when x = 5
ANSWER: A (10)
2. The indefinite integral of xe^x, for any real constant is
B. x + e^x + C
C. x^2 + e^x + C
D. e^x(x-1) + C
ANSWER: D ( e^x(x-1) + C )
3. A cone has a base radius of 4 cm and a height of 3 cm. The area of its curved surface is
A. 12 pi cm^2
B. 20 pi cm^2
C. 24 pi cm^2
D. 251 pi cm^2
ANSWER: B (20 pi cm^2)
4. The sum of the first five terms 0f the series 4+2+1… is
ANSWER: D (31/4)
5. If a√5 + b √2 is the square root of 95-30√10, the values of a and b are, respectively
A. 5, 2
B. 2, -5
C. -5, 3
D. 3, -5
ANSWER: D (3, -5)
6. Factorise completely 8p + 125py^3
ANSWER: B (2+5y)(4-10y+25y^2)
7. Two fair dice are rolled. What is the probability that both show up the same number of point?
ANSWER: D (1/6)
8. A bag contains 5 yellow balls, 6 green balls and 9 black balls. A ball is drawn from the bag. What is the probability that it is black or yellow ball
ANSWER: C (7/10)
9. If x = 1 is the root of the equation x^3 -2x^2- 5x +6, find the other roots
A. -3 and 2
B. 2 and 2
C. 3 and -2
D. 1 and 3
ANSWER: C (3 and -2)
10. If 27^x = 9^(x-y), then the formula connecting x and y is
A. x+2y = 0
B. x-2y = 0
C. x^2+2y^2 = 0
D. x+2y = 1
ANSWER: A ( x+2y = 0 )
11. The expression px^3+2qx^2+24 has x-1 and x+2 as factors. The values of p and q are respectively?
A. -6, -9
B. -2, 1
C. -2, -1
D. 0, 1
ANSWER: A ( -6, -9 )
12. The expression a^3+b^3 is equal to
ANSWER: B (a+b)(a^2-ab+b^2)
13. The interior angles of a pentagon are: 180 degrees, 118 degrees, 78 degrees, 84 degrees, and x. The value of x is?
A. 75 degrees
B. 80 degrees
C. 120 degrees
D. 134 degrees
ANSWER: B (80 degrees)
14. Find the value of k which makes the expression y^2+2(k+1)y+k+3 perfect square
A. -1, 1
B. 2, -2
C. 1, -2
D. -1, 2
ANSWER: C (-2 or 1)
15. Two brothers, Peter and Paul owned a business in which the ratio of shares is 5:3 respectively. Paul later sold 1/3 of his shares to Peter 15, 000 naira. Find the total value of the business.
A. 12000 naira
B. 1200 naira
C. 120000 naira
D. 1200000000 naira
ANSWER: C (120,000 naira)
16 Express, correct to three significant figures, 0.003597.
17. Evaluate: (0.064)^-1/3
18. Solve: y+1/2 – 2y-1/3 = 4
A. y = 19
B. y = -19
C. y = -29
D. y = 29
19. Musa borrows #10.00 at 2% per month interest and repays #8.00 after 4 months. However much does he still owe?
20. If 3 gallons of spirit containing 20% water is added to 5gallons of another spirit containing 15% water, what percentage of the mixture is water?
21. What is the product of 27/5 – (3)3 and (1/5)?
22. Simplify 2log2/5 – log72/125 + log9
A. 1 – 4log 3
B. –1 + 2log3
C. –1 +5log2
23. A car travels from Calabar to Enugu, a distance of pkm with an average speed of ukm per hour and continues to Benin, a distance of qkm, with an average speed of wkm per hour. Find its average speed from Calabar to Benin.
24. If w varies inversely as uv/u + v and is equal to 8 when u = 2 and v = 6, find a relationship between u, v, w.
A. upw = 16(u + t)
B. 16ur = 3w(u + t)
C. upw = 12(u + t)
D. 12upw = u + r
25. If g(x = x2 + 3x ) find g(x + 1) – g(x)
A. (x + 2)
B. 2(x + 2)
C. (2x + 1)
D. (x + 4)
26. Factorize m3 – m2 – m + 2
A. (m2 + 1)(m – 2)
B. (m + 1)(m + 1)(m + 2)
C. (m + 1)(m + 1)(m – 2)
D. (m2 + 2)(m – 1)
27. The angles of a quadrilateral are 5x – 30, 4x + 60, 60 – x and 3x + 61. find the smallest of these angles.
A. 5x – 30
B. 4x + 60
C. 60 – x
D. 3x + 61
28. What is the nth term of the sequence 2, 6, 12, 20,…?
A. 4n – 2
B. 2(3n – 1)
C. n2 + n
D. n2 + 3n +2
29. If the binary operation * is defined by m*n = mn + m + n for any real number m and n, find the identity element under this operation.
A. e = 1
B. e = -1
C. e = -2
D. e = 0
30. Each of the interior angles of a regular polygon is 1400. How many sides has the polygon?
JAMB Maths Possible Questions and Answers 2022
1. A group of market women sell at least one of yam, plantain and maize. 12 of them sell maize, 10 sell yam and 14 sell plantain. 5 sell plantain and maize, 4 sell yam and maize, 2 sell yam and plantain only while 3 sell all the three items. How many women are in the group?
2. A trader bought 100 oranges at 5 for N1.20, 20 oranges got spoilt and the remaining were sold at 4 for N1.50. Find the percentage gain or loss.
- A. 30% gain
- B. 25% gain
- C. 30% loss
- D. 25% loss
3. Tope bought X oranges at N5.00 each and some mangoes at N4.00 each. if she bought twice as many mangoes as oranges and spent at least N65.00 and at most N130.00, find the range of values of X.
- A. 4≤X≤5
- B. 5≤X≤8
- C. 5≤X≤10
- D. 8≤X≤10
4. The mean of the numbers 1.2, 1.0, 0.9, 1.4, 0.8, 0.8, 1.2 and 1.1 is
5. If the value of π is taken to be 227, the area of a semi-circle of diameter 42m is
6. (3.2)2 – (1.8)2 equals
7. After getting a rise of 15%, a man’s new monthly salary is N345. How much per month did he earn before the increase?
How to Score a high mark in JAMB mathematics 2022
The following tips will help you get a high score in UMTE mathematics.
Tip number one: Intensive study:
I have to be honest and tell you that studying mathematics does not consist solely of reading about it without solving and practicing problems yourself.
Many Jambites and Jambitos approach mathematics in the same manner they approach other disciplines that do not necessitate the use of calculations, however this is incorrect.
To achieve a high score in Jamb Mathematics, you must devote sufficient time to solving and comprehending every single problem in each topic that you come across as much as possible.
Make sure you don’t simply read to pass your Jamb Mathematics exam, but also study to understand it, and keep your mind off of the JAMB Mathematics Expo. Many candidates are under the impression that current will flow in the hall; however, what if the polarity is reversed instead? That is one of the reasons why you should put in the effort to learn.
Studying mathematics consistently and making an effort to comprehend everything required of you as a Jamb candidate can help you to become a mathematics expert.
Tip number two: After studying, always go back and review your JAMB past questions.
If there is anything else you require in addition to your textbook, it should be Jamb last year’s questions. It appears that you have grasped the significance of this idea, as I am aware that this was what you were thinking about when you went on Google to look for JAMB MATHEMATICS QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS TO CBT EXAMS 2022.
Believe me when I say that 90 percent of Jamb questions are the same questions over and over again. When I say “repeated questions,” I mean “questions that are similar in nature and have the same pattern of solution,” even though they do not appear to be identical.
So don’t be fooled into thinking that you should rush out and buy the most expensive mathematics textbooks available in bookshops. Jamb CBT examinations are quite difficult to pass, yet studying past questions will help you pass them with ease.
Tip number three: Do not be afraid.
Fear can cause you to forget what you’ve learned or to make careless blunders that aren’t essential. Believe in your abilities and have faith in your ability to achieve success.
Sorry if the tips above have taken up a lot of your time, but I believe they are essential enough to share with you here.
Here are some common JAMB Mathematics Questions and Answers for you to practice with. Read them and figure out how to solve them. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
If you have any question, please do well to reach us through the comment section.